There’s Something In The Water in VA Beach.
It’s festival season, and in my opinion festivals are the original social media platforms re-energized.
For the first time ever, my hometown of Virginia Beach is hosting a MAJOR music festival, brought to the city by hometown hero and creative mogul, Pharrell Williams.
William’s Something In The Water festival kicks off four days from now. As a Virginia Beach OG, I’m sharing what to expect in our suburban beach town. Along with what that something is that you should have before you get here.
I’m running down a list of 12 free apps that you don’t want to make the mistake and not have right now in your back pocket or your fanny pack.
This post is sponsored by SheIn fashion apparel. All opinions are my own.
This ain’t your parent’s Woodstock
Who goes anywhere without Instagram or Snapchat these days?
So, of course, you’re already festival-photo ready, right? Let’s also make sure that you have these additional festival-friendly apps downloaded and packed for the best experience- millennial style. After all, this ain’t your parent’s Woodstock. So let’s do a whole app refresh right now.
12 festival apps to have on hand
1. The Official Something In The Water App- Starting with the obvious. The official SITW Fest app should already be on your phone. Stay connected and know who’s performing by the day with artist information, event reminders, maps and artists playlists that you can rock out to at your hotel.
I suggest sound notifications set to ‘On’ for the SITW Fest app.
2. CANVS Street Art App- Pre-fest, we scoped out the Virginia Beach oceanfront to get the scoop on what was going on in preparation for SITW. Our favorite of the pre-festivities were the artists we met, commissioned to paint scenic murals in the SITW festival colors!
Step-up your Instastory game and find these amazing pieces by using the CANVS Street Art app for the best in Virginia Beach murals while in the city. Show these local artists some love by tagging them in your posts, Snaps and Insta Stories.
3. Snapchat Snap Map– Share locations in the Snapchat app with your friends that you’re hanging out with at SITW Fest. Keeping up with your group can be as easy as a Snap!
4. Musixmatch App– Don’t be alone in the festival crowd. You know…the only one that’s doesn’t know the anticipated catchy line that everyone waits for in the song. Act like you know with one tap in the Musixmatch app!
Get the lyrics and sing along to any song that’s playing around you.
5. Daily Water Drink Reminder App- After all the singing, selfying (is that really a word?) and snapping it can be easy to overlook hydrating, an essential to festival survival. Daily Water App can alert you of your drinking schedule.
A necessary reminder to take a pause for the cause of self-preservation.
Alert: Don’t leave without your FREE GIFT below!
6. Flush App- I won’t spend too much time on this app with a name that speaks for itself. Flush locates the closest public facility near you for peace of mind in knowing where to go when you have to go.
7. Waze App– Now that we’ve got the bathroom business out of the way, you’re probably already familiar with the Waze app. The City of Virginia Beach announced that they’re partnering with Waze for the most accurate and up to the minute traffic info.
The city has been very transparent in its message for everyone, “To be patient and expect delays,” during this three-day festival. I would suggest being proactive in your SITW experience by knowing what’s happening on the road ahead of you with the Waze app.
8. GoHRT App– The city has also been very clear in stating that there will be almost no parking available on the VA Beach strip. Knowing this ahead of time, you can download the GoHRT app to purchase and use fares for the VB Wave trolly that gets around the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
9. Fanny Pack App– This was a fun app that I discovered for anyone like me that loves sharing useful travel tips. (Where my bloggers at?! 😉 You can curate pictures and maps into packs to share with your friends.
Who’s going to create the first annual SITW Fest Fanny Pack?
10. Unfold App- Probably goes without saying that you’ll have gigabytes full of SITW pictures and videos ready to share with your friends on the ‘Gram. Impress everyone that will be living vicariously through you this festival weekend by using the Unfold App to level-up your picture sharing. I’ve used Unfold on most of the pictures in this post!
11. Snapchat Geotags- This app made the list twice, so I guess you can call this one an added bonus! Nerd Alert: I geek-out over a geotag- and Snapchat has the best geotag filters ever!
I know you didn’t trek all the way to Virginia Beach and not want everyone to know, “where you at.”
You’re making history, right? The first of the first to attend the first-ever, sold-out Something In The Water Fest 2019! I think you better let ’em know!
12. SheIn App– For all the latest festival fashion and affordable everyday styles, download the SheIn app for gals and guys. Check out their rush shipping options in time for SITW Fest and create festival styles in the app to earn points towards free clothes!
Orange spandex romper | Neon lime bikini | Iridescent fanny pack | Iridescent sheer shirt | Red lace-up bandeau top | Black lace spandex shorts | Silver quilted fanny pack | Tie dye jumpsuit | Guy’s Tokyo tee | Guy’s print Bermuda shorts | Guy’s round spectacles
If you made it this far you’re now a festival pro!
SUBSCRIBE to claim your FREE GIFT!
FREE GIFT: Subscribe now and get my Shaunda Necole Color Is My Favorite filter just in time for Something In the Water Festival weekend!
This is the same filter I used on all of the pictures in this post.
Photos and Hair by: MUAH Destiny and Shaunda Necole.
You may also like: