Labor Day signals time to savor the last long days of summer with a quick getaway.
I have a perfect idea! Hopping in my Cadillac for a Labor Day weekend spent by the shore. If you’re not able to spend the last weeks of summer in Playa del Rey, it doesn’t mean you can’t spend the weekend playing on a closer coast.
I’m upgrading my perspective and grabbing all of my beach getaway necessities. It’ll be a smooth ride with everything I need to be placed perfectly in my trunk.
I’m not willing to let summer go without one more weekend of sun, sand and shore. Starting with my idea of a staycation picnic, ready-set right from my trunk! Followed by a sunset stroll next to calming waters.
La playa + play in my Cadillac
There’s no place I’d rather be than by the beach this Labor Day weekend and no better getaway companion than my Cadillac crossover SUV for luxury in travel, comfort and unsurpassed style on and off the road.
I’m reserving one day for nothing but sand, surf and play! And you should, too!
Here are 5 beaches to drive to & explore while in Virginia Beach
1. Virginia Beach Oceanfront, North Beach—My favorite of the sandy bunch. This residential end of the oceanfront is what I call the quiet side. Perfect for beautiful beach house views, dogs at play and long, quiet walks alongside the water.
Free residential and off-street parking is available here at what we call “The North End”.
2. Virginia Beach Oceanfront, South Beach—This side of the oceanfront holds the heart of the beach with boardwalk shops, hotels, restaurants and amusement parks. Locals often refer to this side as the “Virginia Beach strip”. The South End of Virginia Beach is also home to the city’s first-ever music festival, Something In The Water, as seen HERE and HERE.
Important to know that you could end up spending more time at this end of the beach parking when you want to be enjoying the beach!
You may also like this post:
3. Croatan Beach—Still part of the city of Virginia Beach’s Atlantic Ocean is this private neighborhood beach. Croatan is a hidden treasure with shores bordering from Lake Wesley and Lake Christine.
This beach is open to the public and parking is generally easy to access, but does come with a cost.
4. Chic’s Beach—North of the Virginia Beach Oceanfront is Chic’s Beach. The eclectic and softer side of the city’s shores from the Chesapeake Bay. With fewer tourists, fewer waves and more locals, Chic’s Beach is the city’s salt life hideaway.
The neighborhoods surrounding Chic’s Beach don’t offer much room for parking, so it will take a little time to search out metered spaces.
5. Ocean View Beach Park—Maybe 15 miles from the touristy Virginia Beach Oceanfront is the city of Norfolk’s very own beach on the Chesapeake Bay. Here waters are calmer, and so are the crowds.
This beach is known for its iconic Ocean View Fishing Pier with over 7 miles of scenic coastline. One of the perks of Ocean View is that parking is plenty.
similar red bathing suit | flower power bell bottom pants | clear wedge sandals | clear earrings | similar headband | heart eyes sunnies | tortoise shell cuff bracelet | similar gold bangles | similar ring | lipstick | luxury red towels | beach/yoga mat | vintage Pepsi soda crate | similar drink ware | Courtly Check Everything Bowl/beverage bowl | Flower Market wine cooler | similar flag pillow | Courtly Check/dot towels |
The North End, Virginia Beach
Like this post? Pin the below image to your Road Trip Pinterest Board!
You may also like:
Going To Something In The Water Fest? Don’t Make The Mistake…Before You Head To Virginia Beach
Celebrating Summer With Cupcake Vineyards & Moments Of Joy That Pair Perfectly With Wherever You Are
Our Shabby Chic Beach House Christmas Tree
I hope this hurricane misses us here in Florida for my hubbys birthday 9/1 and my brother getting married! Hope to get lucky????
Prayers going up for the entire state!
I’m not a beach person per say but my kids love it. I think I would like the Ocean View Beach Park for the calmer waters. My kids think they are invincible in the water and it stresses me out!!
I understand, Jessica! Yes, it’s much easier to keep an eye on them without crashing waves in the water!
You always look like you’re having such a good time!
LOL! I Am—everywhere I go! I love being out and about 😉
You inspire me to go to the beach this week-end. Hoping it’s warm enough for a swim
Awesome! Have a fantastic time, Lorna!
Virginia Beach is such a fun place to visit!! I haven’t been there in awhile but loved every time I did.
So happy to hear that you’ve visited before! Come back soon 😉
Sweet ride! Lovin’ the Cadillac.
Thanks, Beth! I love my Cadi, too—the ride & the style!
I have a 2007 SRX and absolutely love driving it!
Yaasss, Andrea! Such a smooth ride and I get so many compliments on its standout, classy look! What color is your SRX?
I’d love to go there. Especially in such a fine car.
Yaasss! Nothing like a road trip in a Cadillac! 😉